Flour - 1 cup
Corn starch - 2 tbsp
Powdered sugar - 3/4 cup
Butter - 1/4 cup , @ room temperature
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Buttermilk - 3/4 cup
Red food color - as required
Vanilla - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Note : Buttermilk can be prepared with 3/4 cup milk with 1 tbsp vinegar
- Sieve all the dry ingredients - flour , corn starch , baking powder , baking soda , salt , cocoa powder.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Add vanilla to butter mixture and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients little by little and combine them well.
- Next add the buttermilk and required amount of red food color. Combine them only until just incorporated.
- Pour in the batter into the cupcake liners and bake them in preheated oven @ 180'C for about 15 to 20 mins.