Tomato ( Nattu )- 5 to 6
Garlic - 10
Dry Red Chilli - 10
Oil - 3 to 4 tbsp
Mustard - 1.5 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - Few
Asafoetida - 2 pinch
1. Pressure cook tomatoes , garlic , dry red chilli with little water for 4 whistles. Allow it to cool down and make a paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan , add mustard seeds. Once it splutters add urad dal and curry leaves.
3. Add the ground paste and add asafoetida. Allow it to cook till the oil separates.
4. Adjust with required salt.
5. This can be served with Idly , dosa.
Nattu Thakkali would be more referred for the exact taste.